Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week 27! Doing the happy dance!

Week 27 - Bless my hubby for taking my photo this week. I
am normally the one behind the camera, so he put up with
lots of retakes!  *smile*
 
Week 27 snuck up on me. For once I wasn't focused on what week or day I was on, instead I just enjoyed my week and laughed with my girls. Last Friday I was going about my day, when suddenly I realized "Oh my gosh! I'm 27 weeks!" Now I look at the calendar and I realize week 28 is approaching fast too. Yay!!!!

I feel really great. I seriously love this stage in pregnancy. Although I am gaining weight, I know it is for my baby and that makes me feel pretty. Still hopeful that I can get him to term or darn near close. I'm still having some adverse skin reactions to the progesterone injections as every shot leaves a reminder lump that doesn't go away and a rash that's not very attractive.  Both make it difficult to sit for at least a week and by then it is time for the new one. But oh well... it's still worth it. I've been experiencing some hip pain, but my doctor authorized me to see a chiropracter and after my first visit yesterday I can already tell a difference.


Week 27!  My baby boy is growing
and I'm still pregnant!

My youngest daughter has not been sleeping through the night, so it's made it hard on the entire household. Hoping she will be tired soon so we can all get some sleep. We've tried everything to get her to sleep through the night. Her neurologist suggested melatonin and although it works to get her to sleep, she wakes after 3 hours of sleep and is ready to start her day. We are very perplexed as everyone we have talked to tells us what a wonderful thing melatonin is. Her lack of sleep sure causes some hearty temper tantrums which are difficult to handle when I am trying to do bedrest and remain calm, but it surely has to get better.

My next routine ultrasound to check cervical length is tomorrow. I don't anticipate any surprises, although the baby feels as if he has repositioned with head sitting on my cervix again. I'm getting anxious for my week 28 ultrasound which will take place the week of July 25th. It will be fun to see his facial features in 3D. Perhaps that will help us to finally choose his name! 

I'm getting to do things with this pregnancy that I missed with my youngest. In fact, one of my sisters called me recently to ask when we should plan my baby shower! I'm very excited about it!  I realize this is child number 3, but after everything that happened in my last pregnancy, and the fact that I am having a boy and need boy stuff, I welcome this generous gesture.  It represents normalcy and makes me feel even more hopeful.  

Along with my growing belly, my bra size seems to be climbing the alphabet in a slow but steady race. I'm not sure what my bust thinks it will win, but I suspect the progesterone injections are to blame for my recent blossoming bosom. I didn't even realize you could have triple letters for a bra size, but apparently that's my life now. Pre-children I was always a nearly B, so this is such strange territory for me. I can't seem to find any to fit me correctly and my heart goes out to those who have had to deal with this their whole lives. They don't even make pretty bras for my new size.

Me with my pug mix. He insisted on being in the picture.
He's my sweetheart and such a wonderful dog.

Since I am not really allowed to go shopping, as walking around would put too much pressure on my cervix, I purchased a few bras online recently from a local store. I found that's probably not the best method unless you have previously tried them on.  One of the bras had such wonderful reviews, but when it arrived I felt like I was wearing a strange contraption that covered my entire chest up to my neck. Since one woman described this bra as "sexy", I couldn't help but wonder about her definition of sexy.  It felt more like a straight jacket to hold them at attention.  I will now have to go to the store to quickly return them, but luckily this store is fairly small and I can get in and out quickly.

My hubby was my photographer this week and bless his heart, did his best to follow all of my directions on how to take my picture to document my growing belly this week. I'm not the best model since I am usually the one behind the camera, but I think he did an awesome job!

Something that everyone may not know about me is that I am not only trying to grow my family, but I am also a writer and a photographer. I have loved photography since my early youth and it was always my hobby, but it was the birth of my children that prompted me to start a photography business. You can find my website at: http://www.makadoodlephotography.com/ (Sorry, shameless plug.) My favorite thing about photographing families and children is telling the story of the family. Everyone has a story and I think its important to surround yourself and family with photos that capture the essence of each member of the family. I don't have many photos of me as a child, as no one ever seemed to have a camera, but I have made it my mission to ensure that my children will always have many photos to look back and remember milestones and special memories.

Since I always have a camera attached to me, I had to snap some photos of my daughters this past week as they were having fun pretending they were pregnant and also had a baby. I know they don't completely understand, but it such a precious moment and it made both my husband and I laugh. My youngest took caring for her "newborn" very serious and even "babied" one of our dogs. She cherishes her baby dolls and I always enjoy watching how nurturing she is. I thought I would share a few photos from their fun day.  More info to come after my ultrasound tomorrow.




2 comments:

  1. Hello. I've just finished reading all of your posts. As I read each, the emotion set in of what I 'can only imagine' you have experienced. You know what is right for you and your family. This is meant to be. I want to say to you that you are an amazing women of courage as well as your husband. Be proud of yourselves. The love you have for your family and baby boy on the way is ever present. You have a beautiful family. The photo's your husband took of you are beautiful. Your excitement shows for what's to come. I wish you and your family all the joy that you deserve with your little guy. Thank you for sharing this journey. Hang in there with your sleepless little one and take care of you. Just remember, "Everything good takes hard work". You know that already! (smile) Good luck in the days ahead. I will look forward to reading more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read all of your blog posts. I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and CONGRATULTIONS!!! I spent 22 weeks on beseech with my oldest and did in vitro with my youngest and spent 12 weeks on bed rest. I can relate to a degree with your struggles. Your Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...